The mission of Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology is to provide students with a challenging learning environment focused on math, science, and technology, to inspire joy at the prospect of discovery, and to foster a culture of innovation based on ethical behavior and the shared interests of humanity.
At Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology, we believe:
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills are vital in addressing the complex societal and ethical issues of our time.
- Students learn best in a community where academic disciplines are integrated, fostering an appreciation of how they interact and form a whole.
- Global interdependence compels us to understand the languages, systems and diverse cultures of people throughout the world.
- Literature, music and the arts are essential, timeless aspects of human existence.
- The methods of science provide discipline to our search for structure in the world.
- Research stems from a combination of fundamental knowledge, individual creativity and curiosity.
- Effective communication is often the only difference between a good idea and a successful initiative.
- Collaborative learning, athletics, and extracurricular activities develop leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Responsibility and integrity are core principles in the pursuit of excellence.
- Learning never ends.